Rising before others, even before the sun, in order to spend time with God in prayer is not always easy—even when we long for a deep commitment. The snooze button and the comforts of the warm bed appeal to our will and we convince ourselves that there is time later, or that there is nothing to do, or that you need more rest.
We can overcome these challenges by reminding ourselves of why it is important. Here are 10 reasons why you need to rise and prayer as a husband (wives and unmarrieds can easily alter the list to apply more appropriately).
- Your wife needs your care.
- Your family needs your leadership.
- Your friends need your intercession.
- Your body needs the discipline.
- Your mind needs the focus.
- Your soul needs the joy.
- Your church needs your holiness.
- Your work needs your diligence.
- Your community needs your dignity.
- Your Lord did it this way.
By reminding myself of these needs, I am motivated to rise for a reason. My wife, family, friends, and church rely on me to wake and pray. They need me. They are counting on me, even when they don’t know it. Will you be there for your family? For your friends? For you church? They need you. Rise up and prayer.